SIP Trunking in Suffolk County, NY & Nassau County, NY
What Is SIP Trunking?
SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. It is an application layer protocol that lets you run your telephone system over the Internet instead of the public switched telephone network (PSTN). SIP trunking is affordable, replaces the need for physical lines, and gives your business phones access to the advanced features of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). At TDLI Communications Corp., we are an experienced SIP trunking provider that provides a range of flexible solutions to help your business grow.
Benefits of Business SIP Trunking
- SIP trunks only require a reliable IP network path to your telephony system, meaning that installation costs are very low.
- If your primary link to your SIP provider fails, just about any Internet connection can be used to register the SIP trunk, allowing you to limit communication outages and have backup services.
- While traditional telephone services can be damaged by the elements, SIP trunking allows you to use phones even in the event of failures by re-routing calls to other offices or devices.
- SIP trunking allows you to consolidate your communications, such as voice, video conferencing, SMS, and more by merging your data transmissions into one network.
- The cost of your entire telephone system will become simplified, predictable, and likely less expensive with a SIP Trunking solution.
What Is SIP Trunking Used For?
SIP trunking is used to replace the copper lines that traditional analog systems use to transmit voice with VoIP technology that allows all of the transmission to go through the Internet instead. This saves you on the costs associated with maintaining those old analog lines that can be expensive to maintain.
How a SIP Trunk Works
SIP trunking works by providing systems with cloud-based VoIP services that eliminate the need for landlines, and allow businesses to manage their own company-wide phone system.
SIP vs VoIP: What’s the Difference?
Both refer to Internet telephony, but are technically different. VoIP relates to voice calls made over the internet, whereas SIP trunking allows for additional communication channels such as video conferencing, SMS, and instant messaging. All SIP services include VoIP, but the reverse is not true.
How to Get Started With a SIP Trunking Service
At TDLI Communications Corp., it’s our mission to make our service installations as easy and streamlined as possible so that you can focus on your own business operations. Just give us a call and we’ll walk you through the process, step by step, and answer all of your questions.
How Much Does SIP Trunking Service Cost?
Old systems cannot handle large volumes of calls effectively, and separating voice and data transmissions can result in business continuity problems. To address these problems, you can choose a SIP provider and enjoy managing your phone system from an easy-to-use dashboard, and synchronized communications including multimedia messages, video conferencing and more.
TDLI Communications Corp. can help you make this transition. We have friendly experts ready to help you get started.
Frequently Asked SIP Trunking Questions
- Q: What is SIP trunking?
A: SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. It is a method of delivering communication services such as voice calls, and video conferences over the internet. This replaces traditional telephone lines.
- Q: What is SIP used for?
A: SIP is used to managing real-time sessions that involve voice, video, and other communication services between two or more endpoints over IP.
- Q: How do SIP calls sound?
A: With the right configuration, you will be unable to tell the difference between SIP calls and calls made over traditional lines.
- Q: Is SIP difficult to use?
A: Not at all. You will have access to a user-friendly control panel for daily management, and TDLI Communications Corp. will provide set-up instructions.
- Q: Is SIP expensive?
A: One of the biggest reasons companies switch to using SIP is to reduce telecommunications costs.
- Q: Is SIP the same thing as VoIP?
A: Although both handle voice calls, they are not the same thing. VoIP is typically used with an application such as Skype, or a hosted VoIP service. SIP is one of the protocols that enable VoIP, and it handles more than just voice communications.
How Can TDLI Communications Corp. Help?
Why Choose Us?
With over 20 years of experience providing extraordinary value to our customers, TDLI Communications Corp. is prepared to help you set up your new telecommunications system. We are customer-driven and provide superior service and products. Our expert technicians are here to help you upgrade your voice lines.
Contact TDLI Communications Corp. in Suffolk County, NY
TDLI Communications Corp. is a leading provider of telecommunications solutions for commercial clients. Based in Suffolk and Nassau Counties in New York, we deliver a comprehensive range of services. To learn more, contact us today.
Why Choose Us?
- 0% Financing
- Free Estimates
- Certified Optimum Rep
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Over 20 Years of Experience!
- Full Repair & Refurbish On Site
- Suffolk County Low Voltage Licensed & Insured
- Support for Older Systems As Well As Latest Technology